Keith R. Brinkman serving with Mercy Ships. This is another way for me to communicate with you all what is happening. I hope you enjoy seeing the photos and entries.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Hurricane Rita

Hurricane Rita – we have found ourselves in the path of this strong storm. I have recently learned how to listen to a radio station over the internet – so I found KSBJ Christian Radio from Houston. As I watched on the television the response of the Texan people to those evacuees from Louisiana and heard of the hospitality of Houston in particular, I heard the same over the radio. Then just this week, the communities of Galveston, Houston and others have evacuated out of the area themselves, many have come up to North East Texas (for those who were not sure where Lindale, TX is located). The entire community living on the base gathered together and we reviewed our disaster preparedness plan so we know what to do in situations of flooding, loss of power & water, wind damage, and medical injuries. We do not know at this time what type of response we will have to the Texas Gulf Coast, we will evaluate on Monday, depending on the local affect.

No comments: