Keith R. Brinkman serving with Mercy Ships. This is another way for me to communicate with you all what is happening. I hope you enjoy seeing the photos and entries.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Security First Day


Security First Day
Originally uploaded by keithrbrinkman.
First day of Security and Fire Watch

I started out early this morning when Andy picked me up at my flat as we headed to the Africa Mercy for Saturday security and fire watch duties. I took the first round and since I went almost everywhere, it took me almost two hours before I reported back to the security office at the gangway. We had four men from Nepal who are primarily covering security but in order to give them a day off, Mercy Ships crew cover Saturdays and so we rotate through. I enjoyed the opportunity to get to know the ship better and go to many areas that once we are deployed will be off-limits.

No comments: