Keith R. Brinkman serving with Mercy Ships. This is another way for me to communicate with you all what is happening. I hope you enjoy seeing the photos and entries.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Nathaniel Baker


Nathaniel Baker 14Apr08
Originally uploaded by keith.brinkman
I met Nathaniel Baker last year through the Adopt-A-Patient program and have spent much time with him while in the hospital wards. He is from Harper, Maryland, Liberia which is far from Monrovia. He had a large tumour in his jaw and so they removed the tumour and the front of his jaw. He came back two weeks ago for his final maxillo-facial surgery - taking bone chips from his hip and places the bone chips in his jaw around the previously inserted metal bar, which will regrow and re-establish his jaw bone. I prayed with him today as he prepared to leave - he said 'I am happy and thankful.'

No comments: